Six Day Bike Tours
Four Day Bike Tours
Three Day Bike Tours
Debbie J., NJ
Frank T., VA
Block Island Active Vacation: About the Trip
Active Vacation on Enchanting Block Island - Three Days
The Best Bike Adventure, Attractions and Activities on Block Island
One of the “Last Great Places”
Vacation with us on Block Island and you will be completely enthralled with this enchanting island. Block Island may be America’s best kept island secret and in fact, we should probably include a disclaimer: though you may leave after three days, your heart is almost certain to remain. The Nature Conservancy has named Block Island one of the original “Last Great Places” in the Western Hemisphere and you will soon see why. Over 43% of this pristine natural environment is protected; there are over 30 miles of gorgeous trails, 17 miles of beaches, and myriad wildlife on this Atlantic Flyway stopover.
Exquisite Natural Beauty
On Great Freedom Adventure’s tour of Block Island, you will see this gorgeous island the way it was meant to be seen; by bike, foot and water. Bike along flat ocean hugging roads to the North Lighthouse, nestled in a mesmerizing setting of sand dunes and rugosa roses. Hike one of our favorite walks anywhere, along oceanfront bluffs, for some truly spectacular scenery.
Ireland in America
Travel past Block Island's saltwater farms with views rolling down to the sparkling ocean and on to the Southeast Lighthouse, perched atop majestic Mohegan Bluffs. Walk trails offering panoramic views across the tranquil island to the Block Island Sound and beyond. Traverse bird filled maritime scrubland to butterfly filled meadows. The peaceful patchwork of fields bordered by old stone walls is surprisingly reminiscent of Ireland.
Beaches and Boats
Set sail on a custom trimaran replete with wine and cheese and kayak the calm waters of Great Salt Pond. Sun and swim at the beach, head to one of the nightclubs for some live music or lie on the cool sand and drink in the star-filled night sky. This Block Island bike adventure will leave you feeling thoroughly charmed by this enchanting island.
Tranquil Island Life
Each day’s end on our Block Island vacation finds us at one of the island’s loveliest retreats. The Atlantic Inn, is a classic island inn with a serene hilltop location affording views of harbor and sea. The setting evokes a feeling of true island life.
The Best Block Island Attractions
With much to see and do on Block Island, we’ve culled the best attractions and activities for you and we take care of all the details. We handle the notoriously tricky Block Island vacation logistics for you, so you are free to simply relax and enjoy. We are ready to pick you up if you’ve had enough biking, to get you to the beach effortlessly or to whisk you back to town for some shopping. We love Block Island and we know you will love this trip.
Block Island Bike Adventure Highlights
- Experience an extraordinary place recently featured on the cover of Life Magazine's America the Beautiful: 100 Places to See in Your Lifetime
- Stay at a historic, hilltop inn
- Bike past wide beaches, boat-filled harbors, salt-ponds, the Enchanted Forest, wildlife preserves, grass meadows and beautiful island homes
- Experience the natural beauty of one of the “Last Great Places” in the Western Hemisphere
- Relax aboard a comfortable sailboat and watch the sun sink to the horizon and color the western sky
- Enjoy miles of gorgeous crescent beaches and find hidden coves with their own lovely beaches
- Learn about the ecology and wildlife of the Great Salt Pond and its estuary on our eco-kayak adventure
- Explore the trails, shoreline and wildlife of Block Island’s National Wildlife Refuge
- Visit historic lighthouses and learn how one was saved from a fall into the Atlantic
- Hike a spectacular ocean front trail, and view secluded beaches from atop the bluffs as we hike a few of the 30 plus miles of island trails
- Savor fresh-from-the-ocean seafood and other epicurean delights
- Visit unique shops and local artists’ galleries
Check out our Maritime Massachusetts tour for another bike, hike, and kayak adventure trip. You may wish to combine this nearby Massachusetts North Shore trip with your Block Island, RI vacation for the ultimate New England bike tour.
For this Block Island vacation itinerary, please view the bicycle adventure itinerary page.
Dates and Prices:
For the Block Island vacation details, dates and prices, please go the biking vacation details page.
Questions? Please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Copyright © 2013 Great Freedom Adventures, LLC All rights reserved.