Six Day Bike Tours
Four Day Bike Tours
Three Day Bike Tours
~ Connie P., MA
3 Day MA Eco-Bike Adventure: About the Trip
Salt Marsh and Songbirds
MA North Shore Three Day Eco-Bike Adventure
Songbirds and Spring Blooms
Explore the vast richness of Massachusetts’ Great Salt Marsh and national wildlife refuges on this three day guided bike tour through the Boston, MA North Shore. Discover a destination world famous for nature study, encompassing thousands of acres of salt marsh, one of the most productive ecosystems on the planet. The Spring eco-bike tours are timed to coincide with the return of songbirds to one of the finest bird-watching destinations in the eastern United States and the bloom of colorful native azaleas and rhododendrons.
Shorebirds, Waterfowl and Autumn Foliage
On the three day October eco-bike tour, view some of the 25,000+ waterfowl, including loons, grebes, and teals. Discover the favorite haunts of the snowy owls and the “haul-out” locations of harbor and grey seals. During both bike tours, watch for great blue and green herons, snowy egrets and glossy ibises among other wading birds as well as beaver, muskrat and turtles at work and play on the water’s edge.
Barrier Beaches and Grand Estates
Pedal flat roads on this easy bike tour through a diverse habitat of barrier beaches, dunes, tidal salt marshes, mudflats, salt pannes, and coastal forests. Inland, bicycle along old stone walls tracing colonial-era farms, clear ponds, and meandering rivers. Depending on the season, view blossoming orchards and cherry trees or colorful fall foliage, pumpkin fields and ripened apples. Visit the grand Crane Estate, a National Historic Landmark, and stroll the magnificent grounds atop Castle Hill with its stunning views to the Atlantic.
Seafaring History and Colonial Gardens
Enjoy evenings in the heart of the vibrant seaport town of Newburyport, where the handsome mansions built by sea captains line High Street, testament to the seafaring history of the town. Today the beautifully restored first and second period Colonial, Federal, Queen Anne, Georgian and Empire homes along with their splendid flower gardens make strolling the streets of town fascinating. Plentiful shops, unique galleries, maritime museums, a scenic waterfront boardwalk, lantern- and flower-lined streets, numerous eateries and a lively arts scene make Newburyport an enchanting town, eminently historic yet delightfully livable.
Three Day Eco-Bike Adventure Highlights
- Stay in an elegant boutique hotel and national historic landmark
- Bike flat roads through bewitching scenery for an easy bike tour with options for additional mileage
- Learn about the ecology of a diverse habitat of barrier beaches, dunes, tidal salt marshes, mudflats, salt pannes, and coastal forests on this eco-bike tour
- Birdwatch and view wildlife at the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, one of the nation’s finest birdwatching areas
- Visit picturesque Plum Island Light
- View coastal pitch pine forests and habitat of the threatened Piping Plover at the Crane Wildlife Refuge
- Enjoy mesmerizing views and soft sand on Crane Beach
- Walk trails and boardwalks through wildlife refuges
- Tour the Crane Estate and grounds, a National Historic Landmark
- Visit a winery and orchard
- Discover the remains of a 19th century riverfront estate and grounds
- Explore the historic towns of Ipswich and Newburyport
- Enjoy exceptional service and friendly guides throughout your three day bike tour
For this bike adventure itinerary, please view the MA bike trip itinerary page.
Dates and Prices:
For the tour details, dates and prices, please go the MA adventure details page.
Questions? Please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Copyright © 2013 Great Freedom Adventures, LLC All rights reserved.