Six Day Bike Tours
Five Day Bike Tours
Four Day Bike Tours
Three Day Bike Tours
Custom & Charity
"Our Martha's Vineyard bike tour was great! This was our first biking tour and we were not quite sure if we were good enough bikers for it. It was not a problem. The staff was great about letting us bike within our own capabilities and feel good about it. The lodging was fantastic as was the food. We really enjoyed our fellow bike tourists. The equipment was top-notch and in fact the bikes that Lynne and I used were of higher quality than the ones we use at home. We are going to do another Great Freedom Adventure next year; we just have not decided which one yet!"
"Thank you so much for organizing a fantastic tour! This was a wonderful way to experience Martha's Vineyard. Your attention to detail and flexibility really helped make our time special. Looking forward to recommending Great Freedom Adventures and seeing you again for a future trip!"
Martha's Vineyard, MA Vacation Bike Tour: About the Trip
MA Island Idyll: Martha’s Vineyard Vacation Bike Tour
Bike a MA Island of Extraordinary Beauty with MA-Based Experts
Seven miles off the coast of Massachusetts sits a jewel of an island: Martha’s Vineyard, better known locally as the “Vineyard”, is a place of exceptional beauty that simply begs to be explored by bike. Bike paths and country roads wind past cool forests, tranquil harbors, island farms and pristine beaches, offering the perfect opportunity to fully appreciate island life. Great Freedom Adventures’ three-day tour of Martha’s Vineyard draws from decades of Vineyard biking to bring you the best of this most beautiful of MA islands.
The Martha’s Vineyard Vacation Bike Tour
Bike an oceanside ridge of pitch pine, scrub oak and rose hips, where the wind through the trees evokes the spirits of Wampanoag ancestors who for 10,000 years farmed these lands and fished these waters - and who remain sovereign today in this poignant place. Spin effortlessly alongside fields of wildflowers where hundreds of butterflies flit from flower to flower. Cycle past dunes catching glimpses of white beaches and blue waters at the end of sand paths. Pedal and walk fishing villages of weathered cottages draped in roses and towns of narrow brick byways leading to stately mansions built by sea captains. Explore harbors where hard working fishing boats rest alongside sleek yachts. Bike past some of the most iconic lighthouses on the Eastern Seaboard that still protect boaters from dangerous shoals.
Stay in Elegant Edgartown, the Sparkling Gem of Martha’s Vineyard
Stroll the historic, lantern-lit streets of Edgartown, our home base, and view fine examples of Federal, Greek Revival and Victorian architecture. Visit boutique shops with unique treasures and dine at restaurants offering expertly prepared local foods. Great Freedom Adventures’ guests stay at a lovely inn designated a Historic Hotel of America and perfectly located in the center of town across from the waterfront. With all tour details taken care of for you, the only challenge will be tearing yourself away at the end of this captivating island idyll.
Martha's Vineyard Tour Highlights
- Stay in the heart of Edgartown’s historic district, in view of the harbor and steps to shops and restaurants
- Bicycle past iconic lighthouses, gorgeous beaches, heather-covered dunes and pitch pine barrens
- See the famous red cliffs at Aquinnah
- View the gingerbread cottages in Oak Bluffs
- Learn fascinating colonial history, whaling heritage and local lore on a private walking tour of Edgartown
- Visit the Black Dog Tavern and unique island shops in Vineyard Haven
- Ferry to Chappaquiddick and pedal along quiet lanes
- Learn about sustainable shellfish seeding and harvesting from an island shellfish constable
- Visit a quintessential New England fishing village
- Bike past salt-water farms and estates fit for presidents
- Pedal lesser-known island landscapes of tranquil beauty
- See meticulously preserved mansions built by whaling captains
- Step back in time in a region first inhabited by the Wampanoags
- Cycle bike paths along wildlife-filled salt ponds
- Taste foods fresh from the ocean and local farms
- Enjoy exceptional service throughout your carefree tour of Martha’s Vineyard
For the Martha's Vineyard tour itinerary, please view the Martha's Vineyard biking itinerary.
Dates and Prices:
For the tour details, dates and prices, please visit the Martha's Vineyard Details page.
For a six-day tour which includes, in addition to Martha's Vineyard, Rhode Island's Block, Conanicut and Aquidneck Islands please see the Islands and Seacoast Cycle Tour.
The four-day Inlets and Isles Rhode Island Vacation Bike Tour explores the Rhode Island islands alone.
Copyright © 2014 Great Freedom Adventures, All rights reserved.