Six Day Bike Tours
Four Day Bike Tours
Three Day Bike Tours
Maritime New England: MA Bike Tours: About the Trip
Maritime New England Bike Tour
Extraordinary North Shore of Boston Bike Tour
Lighthouses, White-Sand Beaches and Historic Towns
On our New England bike tour on Boston’s North Shore you will be immersed in a landscape of spectacular white-sand beaches, salt marshes teeming with wildlife, lighthouses perched on rocky headlands, and classic New England towns that are among the oldest and most historically significant in the country. This remarkable region has a tremendous combination of cultural and natural diversity in a relatively small area that would be hard to match anywhere else.
Clear Blue Waters and Boat Filled Harbors
Great Freedom Adventures has crafted an extraordinary New England bike tour that showcases the area’s loveliest towns, sites, and natural beauty all linked together by wonderfully scenic cycling routes. Hike to panoramic views, kayak clear blue waters and sail through a charming harbor where reflections of fishing boats color the water and the setting sun colors the sky.
Salt Marshes and Rocky Headlands
Our maritime New England bike tour is a true feast for the senses. Join us as we traverse salt marshes stretching to the horizon and spin along rocky coastline where crashing waves infuse the air with the smell of salt. Hike trails and boardwalks through pristine wildlife habitats soothed by the singing of seagulls and songbirds. Bike to hidden beach coves you’d never find by car where rugosa roses perfume the air.
Fried Clams and Fresh Lobster
Taste the fresh lobster and succulent clams for which Boston’s North Shore is known. Cycle to picturesque harbors where sailboats are moored alongside lobster boats and the evocative sound of lines slapping masts mixes with the laughter of children splashing about in dinghies. Feel the warmth of the sun as you rest in the soft sand, lulled by the sound of the surf. This extraordinary bike tour of Boston’s North Shore is sure to delight the senses and sooth the soul.
You may wish to combine this trip with another Boston area bike tour by adding the Block Island, RI vacation for the ultimate New England bike tour.
Perhaps you’d like to extend your bike tour near Boston with a visit to Beantown itself. Please contact us for travel planning resources.
For another bike tour in New England check out our Vermont bike tour.
New England Bike Tour on Boston’s Spectacular North Shore
Quintessential New England Bike Trip Highlights:
- Stay in Select Registry and boutique inns and a historic grand hotel
- Eat at some of the region’s finest restaurants
- Bicycle along dramatic rocky oceanfront with waves crashing and gulls singing
- Discover stunningly pristine beaches
- Enjoy a sunset sail on a beautiful catamaran with bar on board
- Pedal through traditional New England towns past quiet farms in one of the oldest established counties in the nation
- Kayak the enthralling estuaries of the Essex River Basin to the back side of white sand Crane Beach
- Enjoy a classic Lobsta’ feast
- Savor the tranquility of the “Great Marsh” the largest continuous salt marsh north of Long Island Sound
- Experience the sights, sounds and smells of this pristine coastal habitat of sandy beaches, dunes, cranberry bogs and freshwater marsh.
- Spot some of the 350 species of resident and migratory birds in one of the nation’s finest birdwatching areas
- See the extraordinary collection of First Period homes in Ipswich, more than anywhere else in the country
- Delight in views of numerous lighthouses and breath in the salt air
- Tour the magnificent Crane Estate and explore the trails of Castle Hill by bike and foot
- Relax at Crane Beach, the northeast’s most spectacular beach and follow the trails through sand dunes and salt marsh in this pristine wildlife refuge
- Experience Massachusetts’s vibrant maritime history on our route through the Essex National Heritage Area
- Visit Salem and relive the infamous witch hunt of 1692. Explore the sites of your choice such as the Witch Museum, The House of the Seven Gables, the plentiful shops, and the last complex of colonial era wharves in existence
- Explore Gloucester of The Perfect Storm fame, the nation’s oldest seaport and glimpse everyday life in this authentic, working fishing community
- Visit the artist colony on Rocky Neck and shop in the wonderful galleries
- Experience the exquisite light at Rockport, a charming seaside community, and see why the seascapes draw artists from around the world
- Hike the headland at Halibut Point from the tidal pools to the observation tower with panoramic views all the way to the coast of Maine
For this Maritime New England bike tour itinerary, please view the MA bike trip itinerary page.
Dates and Prices:
For the Maritime New England bike tour details, dates and prices, please go the MA bicycling trip details page.
Questions? Please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Copyright © 2013 Great Freedom Adventures, LLC All rights reserved.