Six Day Tours
Five Day Tours
Four Day Tours
Three Day Tours
Custom & Charity
"We would highly recommend a Great Freedom Adventures vacation! Even two months after our Rhode Island vacation, we are still talking about it. The itinerary was interesting and different every day and cycling allowed us to see the local landscape in ways not possible with a traditional vacation. Even our time off the bikes was well planned; from hiking to kayaking to the snack breaks along the way and the hand picked restaurants, we were never without something to do and felt well cared for. Thank you again for a great vacation!"
James W., MA
RI Vacation Bike Tour: About the Trip
Inlets and Isles: Rhode Island Vacation Bike Tour
Bike Rhode Island’s Inlets and Isles
Cycling RI’s Block Island, Narragansett, Jamestown and Newport
Countless white sails glow against the blue sky as elegant sloops cut through the sparkling diamonds of Narragansett Bay. Rhode Island may be America’s smallest state but the views are decidedly big. And a bike vacation is unquestionably a superb way to experience all Rhode Island has to offer. From unspoiled Block Island, a place the Nature Conservancy termed one of the “Last Great Places” in the western hemisphere, to the bustle of Newport, one of the sailing capitals of the world, this tour will delight you, every dazzling mile of the way.
The Rhode Island Tour: Sea Breezes, Lighthouses, Farms, and Yachts
Panoramic ocean vistas, wildlife-filled salt ponds, wide beaches, stately lighthouses, fishing villages, colonial Dutch windmills, grazing sheep, America’s Cup yachts, the “summer cottages” of 19th century millionaires, and so much more will captivate you as we bike Rhode Island’s inlets and isles.
Dramatic Newport: Cliff Walk, Mansions, and Colonial Homes
The exploration of Rhode Island's scenery and history continues off the bike as we stroll Newport’s famous Cliff Walk, hike nature trails along dramatic bluffs and view world-renowned Gilded Age mansions and exquisite colonial architecture. The Ocean State is a brilliant little corner of the US and this Rhode Island bike vacation will show you the most precious of its gems.
Rhode Island Bike Tour Highlights
- Bike Rhode Island’s stunning inlets and isles
- Stay at fine historic New England inns
- Learn fascinating RI history on a gaslight tour of Newport
- View the iconic Newport Mansions and hike the world-famous Cliff Walk
- Bike RI’s renowned Ocean Avenue for incredible coastal views
- Relax aboard our sailboat on a sunset tour
- Learn about the ecology and wildlife of the Great Salt Pond and its estuary on our eco-kayak adventure
- View many of Newport’s colonial homes and buildings – one of the largest concentrations in America
- Pedal past tranquil saltwater farms, some little changed from their colonial day settlement
- Enjoy picturesque lighthouses and miles of gorgeous sandy beaches
- Hike spectacular oceanfront trails along majestic bluffs and experience the natural beauty of wildlife areas and nature preserves
- See graceful sailboats on bays throughout the Ocean State where sailing is a way of life
- Savor fresh-from-the-ocean seafood and other epicurean delights
- Enjoy unique shops and fine art galleries
- Enjoy exceptional service and friendly guides as you tour Rhode Island without a care
For the vacation itinerary, please view the RI cycling trip itinerary.
Dates and Prices:
For the vacation details, dates and prices, please go to the Rhode Island trip details page.
Questions? Please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
Check out our Maritime Massachusetts tour for another bike, hike and kayak adventure trip.
Only have three days this time around? We welcome you to join us in cycling Block Island on just that portion of the Rhode Island bike tour.
If you have six days, you may wish to read about the cycling adventure on which you will tour Massachusetts’s southern coastline and Martha’s Vineyard as well as Rhode Island.
Copyright © 2015 Great Freedom Adventures, All rights reserved.