Six Day Bike Tours
Four Day Bike Tours
Three Day Bike Tours
William R., CA
RI & Martha's Vineyard Cycle Tours: About the Trip
Islands and Seacoast Cycle Tour
Four Fabulous Islands, One Incredible Cycling Adventure
Bike Massachusetts’ Martha’s Vineyard and Rhode Island’s Block Island, Conanicut Island and Aquidneck Island
This one-of-a-kind cycle tour features a unique combination of four of New England’s most beautiful islands, from Block Island, an unspoiled paradise, to Martha’s Vineyard, retreat of presidents. In between lie islands and peninsulas of extraordinary beauty and exceptional cycling. This exclusive tour will take you to world famous gems and unknown pearls - quiet regions of uncommon beauty and blissful cycling.
Cycle Tour a “Quieter Cape Cod”
On this cycling adventure you’ll discover weathered fishing villages, scenic vineyards, heritage coastal farms, cranberry bogs, and hidden bike trails through tall dunes. Along the way you’ll pass sandy beaches, regal lighthouses, harbors filled with grand yachts, and cliffs glowing red in the setting sun. Ancient stone walls stretch to the Atlantic on the horizon in a pastoral region known as a “quieter Cape Cod.”
Mansions, Cliff Walk and Whaling Lore
Your adventure continues off the bike as you explore Newport’s Gilded Age mansions, the famous Cliff Walk, chic shops and world-class art. Historic villages with narrow lantern-lined streets filled with impeccably preserved homes of whaling captains transport you back in time. You can almost see the whale boats and smell the oil from the try pots there on the beach at the edge of town…
Islands and Seacoast Cycle Tour Highlights
- Bike four of the most beautiful islands in New England
- Stay at fine historic New England inns
- Learn fascinating RI history on a gaslight tour
- View the iconic Newport Mansions
- Walk Newport’s world-famous Cliff Walk
- Taste award-winning wines at a scenic vineyard
- Experience the natural beauty of nature preserves and wildlife areas on nature walks
- Stroll bird-filled trails with panoramic views of ocean, beach, dunes and grasslands on important Altantic Flyway stopovers
- Visit a national wildlife refuge at the height of the Monarch butterfly migration
- Bike spectacular Ocean Avenue
- View magnificent yachts from all over the world
- Visit vibrant towns on Martha's Vineyard resplendent in their Federal, Greek Revival and Victorian architecture
- Ferry to the island of Chappaquiddick for tranquil cycling
- See the red cliffs at Aquinnah, white-sand beaches and classic lighthouses
- Enjoy gourmet meals fresh-from-the-ocean or farm
- Visit unique shops and world-class art galleries
- Enjoy exceptional service and friendly guides throughout your care-free cycle tour
For this cycle tour itinerary, please view the Islands and Seacoast biking tour itinerary.
Dates and Prices:
For the tour details, dates and prices, please go the Islands and Seacoast biking holiday details page.
Questions? Please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
For a cycle tour of just Martha's Vineyard, please see the three-day Island Idyll: Martha's Vineyard Vacation Bike Tour.
For a four-day tour of the islands of Rhode Island, please see the Inlets and Isles: Rhode Island Vacation Bike Tour.
Copyright © 2013 Great Freedom Adventures, LLC All rights reserved.